Search This Blog

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary


Although it is the Feast of Mary, I am again copying the image of the statue of the Sacred Heart: I thought I could get it in the center, but this blog defeats me sometimes. Wow, now it worked! Well, I want to honor Mary and she loves it when I spend the day with her and her Son. I guess I am very grateful for the gift of imagination as I can really be with them both in Nazareth and here in my own room; I am getting used to talking to them more during the day. I think we all talk to Jesus in prayer even when we are silent most of the time.

As you know by now, I like to pray over the Preface for the big feasts and so I am sharing from the Preface of the Sacred Heart today: (although used in yesterday's Liturgy)

It is truly right and just, our duty and salvation,
always and everywhere to give you thanks,
Lord, holy Father, almighty and eternal God,
through Christ our Lord.

For raised up high on the Cross,
he gave himself up for us with a wonderful love
and poured out blood and water from his pierced side,
the wellspring of the Church's Sacraments,
so that, won over to the open heart of the Savior,
all might draw water joyfully from the springs of salvation.

And so, with all the Angels and Saints,
we praise you, as without end we acclaim
Holy, Holy, Lord God of hosts....

I think Mary likes us to praise and thank for the wonderful love poured out from the pierced side of Christ and this love never ceases to flow out so "all might draw water joyfully from the springs of salvation.

No comments: