Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Trinity Sunday



What a mystery to contemplate again this Sunday! The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit - in relationship with each other and with us - trying to love us into eternity. We bow down in adoration and are filled with gratitude that we are linked by Baptism to each Person in the Blessed Trinity.

I was struck by this prayer of the Concord Pastor during the week:

Today, Lord,
let nothing keep me from your love,
nothing shake my trust and faith,
nothing take away my hope,
nothing shade me from your light,
nothing still your voice within me,
nothing steer me from your path,
nothing curb my will to serve you,
nothing hold me back from prayer,
nothing lead me from your mercy,
nothing close my heart to others,
nothing dampen my soul's joy,
nothing hide me from your presence,  
nothing shield me from your grace,
nothing hinder me in any way
from knowing, loving and serving you,
my God
.

Amen.

No comments: