Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

Feast of the Sacred Heart


 
 

This is one of my favorite pictures of Jesus. 

 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Today we will have a Mass at Carrollton and all the RSCJs will renew our vows. This is a devotional practice we do all over the world on the Feast of the Sacred Heart. This is our patronal feast and used to be prepared for by a day of fast on the eve of the feast. Now, each one prepares as she is inspired or able and we always have a letter from Our Mother Superior in Rome to pray over. On our provincial website there is an excellent summary of some of the main points in this year's five-page letter and there is also the picture of the statue of the Sacred Heart that was at Kenwood when I was a novice and we prayed before this statue each morning. It is now to be in the new building at Carrollton and one of the faculty took a picture of it for me and framed it so I have it in my room.
 
I think the most important way for me to prepare for this feast is always to renew my own personal love and commitment to the Heart of Jesus who loves us with an infinite, tender unconditional love! Here is the statue that I copied from our website to show you.
If not centered, click on it, please! 

No comments: