Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2014

Come, Holy Spirit




I find it very helpful to keep repeating, "Come, Holy Spirit" as we prepare for the Feast of Pentecost this coming Sunday. Knowing that we have the Spirit in us makes calling "Come" seem strange, but I need the Spirit to come with all the gifts and fruits that make me wise, strong, kind, and full of love, peace, and joy.

I am thanking the Holy Spirit for His gifts and want to deepen them in this time of the year when nature is showing new life. The flowers are blooming, the grass is green, and it is time to look to the gardens of our hearts and ask the Holy Spirit to weed out what is not to be there. I read in the "Joy of the Gospel" today that the Spirit does what He wills, when He wills, and where He wills  I will need to look up that quote. Look for it tomorrow.


No comments: