Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Jubilee Year of Mercy

The announcement of the Pope proclaiming a Jubilee Year of Mercy gave me grat joy! It begins December 8, 2015 and will end on the Feast of Christ the King, last Sunday in November.

Here is something from the Pope's homily last Thursday:


The Lord is clear with the people who “have lost their faithfulness”: “Those who aren’t with me are against me”. One could ask: “Isn’t there a way to compromise, a little here and a little there?”. No, the Pontiff said. “Either you are on the path of love, or you’re on the path of hypocrisy. Either you let yourself be loved by the mercy of God, or you do what you want, according to your heart which grows harder, each time, on this path”. There is no “third path of compromise: either you’re holy or you take the other path”. Whoever “doesn’t gather” with the Lord, not only “abandons things” but “worse: scatters, destroys. He/she is a corruptor”, one “who corrupts”.

 "Harden not your hearts" - it is so important to listen to God. "If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts."

I have been struck by the idea that in prayer I listen to God. Since silence is God's first language,  I listen with my heart; God is also listening to my heart!

No comments: