Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

First Friday

i woke up at 5:30 and realized that I had left my window wide open last night. I closed it and went back to bed to think about all the First Friday's in my life that stand out because of different ways we celebrated each First Friday when I was a child at the Academy of the Visitation, then my two years at St. Roch's, the Academy of the Sacred Heart for High School and then Maryville where the Mass was obligatory unless the Dean of Students gave permission to be absent. Here at Oakwood, the Mass is at 9:30 instead of 9:00 so the Children of Mary can be present. The mixture of childhood memories ( white veils, procession with banner, red sashes, hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls!) still influence me today, but now it is a special day for me to honor the Heart of Jesus and tell Him of my love and let myself be loved by Him.

No comments: