Search This Blog

Monday, March 9, 2015

Another RSCJ went home to God...

Just across the hall from me was a good friend Sister Pat Thro. She wanted to go to heaven and God took her peacefully this morning while we were at Mass praying for her.
This is the third death since I came to recuperate at Oakwood. Pat was several years behind me but we both went to the Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles. We took a seminar together at St. Louis University and then I got to know her when I would stay in her community in St. Louis. She was so welcoming when I arrived here. Having her just across the hall was wonderful, at least when I was not in isolation.
I guess a death so close makes us all realize that we are here on earth only for a short time. I am thinking of death but more about living to be happy to greet Jesus when we do die.

No comments: