Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pictures help me to pray


So much beauty to contemplate! First I see the still water and it speaks to me of God. Then I look at the mountains and think of Jesus climbing the mountain to pray and one time he invited his three friends and was transfigured in prayer. And then my eyes are drawn to the clouds. I think of how God used a cloud to lead the chosen people. When the cloud stopped, they stopped and stayed until the cloud moved ahead.
 I remember how I used to imagine I was on a magic carpet with Jesus floating through clouds and then soaring over the different continents, stopping to pray for those in need. My imagination does not need this picture as I have so many stored away. They help me to pray.
We are having a Lenten day of retreat and keeping silence today with two talks. 

No comments: