Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2015

"I am the Bread of Life"



Jesus tells us in today's Gospel: "everyone who listens to my Father and learns from him comes to me. Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from God; he has seen the Father. Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life...I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world."

We have such a gift in the Eucharist. I know Pope Francis is moving toward reconciliation of those who have been away from the Eucharist because of divorce and now are married again. I know that all Catholics need the strength of the Eucharist and Jesus did not give us Himself to exclude people but wanted to be the Bread of Life for all. Let us pray for the coming synod where some big decisions may be made.

No comments: