Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2015

My soul longs for God




As a deer longs for water, so my soul longs for God. Yet, the mystery is that God is in me. He is closer to me than I am to myself and He is active - sometimes it is the Holy Spirit who inspires me in a conscious way; sometimes, it is Jesus speaking to me deep in my heart, or through Scripture; sometimes I am aware of the Father's embrace. I long for God and forget that He is in me, around me, and I can find Him always when I seek for Him. He is in the persons I meet, the tasks that present themselves daily, the events and circumstances of each day.

Sometimes I am so unaware of His Presence. Keeping a Journal is a great help. I should write something after prayer each day, but I usually do not stop to do that but I do write at least several times a week in my journal to note something that seems significant. It is not just about prayer; it is not a diary with events just noted; I guess it is some thought or reflection that seems worth noting down and I do remember things that I take time to write. It is not always easy to put one's interior life into words. I am grateful that silence is God's first language!

No comments: