Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2015

Lover of Books



I began to love books way before I could read them. I suspect that many of us grew to love books because our parents read to us at night. I knew how to read by the time I went to school and do remember that I was rather bored in first grade until I was allowed to sit in the back of the classroom and read all the books that the classroom had; then I was sent to second grade and felt far from bored as they had been studying French and also knew so much more math than I did that I had to scramble to catch up and still leave the classroom to go back for the preparation for both my First Holy Communion and Confirmation as the Visitation Academy had both for the six-year olds on the same day with a festive breakfast in between the Sacraments. Why I am reflecting on all of this today is probably because I was thinking of what a gift the Eucharist is to me - a great gift for all of us.

No comments: