Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Stormy Saturday

We had terrific thunder storms yesterday and it looks as if we will have more today.  I think we set a record for so much rain on the feast of St. Ignatius yesterday. My blog also seems to have disappeared. I am writing now on my I-pad, thus no picture today. I tried but it did not appear here.

Looking at the readings for Sunday I see that the Israelites are complaining, Paul is telling us to get a new self, and Jesus is telling us that He is the bread of life. Jesus told those who came looking for him because he had fed them, "...my Father gives you true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
Then Jesus tells us, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst."
We are so blessed. We need to live in gratitude for we have the gift of faith. We are able to receive Jesus as He comes to us in the Eucharist! Let us thank Jesus again for this tremendous gift.



No comments: