Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Thank for the beauty that surrounds us...



"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing." This is a quote from Ralph W. Emerson and makes me stop to thank for all the beauty that does surround me each day and I so often take for granted.

There is such beauty in the faces of the old. Yesterday, I went to visit a dear friend of many years who is in hospice. She helped me to set up the first and only program for training spiritual directors in Spanish in the whole United States; it flourished for a few years, but by then my time was absorbed by University duties and so we just continued with the English Formation Program for Spiritual Directors and Spiritual Companions. Anyway, everyone that I saw in the hospice wing yesterday had a beautiful face full of love and peace.

No comments: