Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Interior spirit



Since my star for the year was "Embrace silence" as a way to help deepen our interior life, I have been thinking about this and I am also preparing a talk to our religion teachers on the spirituality of St. Madeleine Sophie. I know that she was so strong on having us deepen our interior life. She often talked about interior spirit and defined it as the intimate union of our souls with God. She also said that interior persons are the most joyful, and that appeals to me.

Here is a quote from St. Madeleine Sophie:
"Interior spirit compels the soul not to breathe, live or move but in God. Life, breath, action, that the whole person; but let our living, breathing, and doing be only in God, through Jesus Christ."

She also said: "An interior person is like a sunflower, always turning towards the Sun of Justice to receive its radiance."

No comments: