Search This Blog

Monday, April 3, 2017

April is a month of beauty


I love this quote from Julian of Norwich:

No one listens, they tell me, and so I listen...'and I tell them what they have just told me,
and I sit in silence listening to them,
letting them grieve.

I think that is what I do often with some of our elder nuns here at Oakwood. Only I would need to change the last line to
"letting them remember." They are happy people and love to remember the joys they have had in a very long life. It is good to listen to them and to learn from them. They have been listening to God for so many years that, when I listen carefully, I hear the voice of God.
After my prayer group last week, we each drew a question that Jesus asked in the Gospel. I drew "Do you love me?" I have been thinking about that all week for my answer is, of course,
Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you! I think Jesus just wants to hear me keep telling him that I do love him!

No comments: