Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter Tuesday!



What a joyous week this is! We are to go give the joy of the Risen Lord to all! There are many ways to do this right here at Oakwood. Indeed, there are always to give joy all around us wherever we are!
Pope Francis is very strong on giving the Gospel of Joy to all we meet. I have had his Walking with Jesus on my I-pad, but now have it in book form and it is so satisfying to be able to read spiritual books by holding them and I just cannot like reading spiritual books on my Kindle or I-pad. This may seem strange as I have loved to use the Bible on my I-pad, and can highlight passages, bookmark them and easily find what I want. Actually, I now prefer reading the Bible on my I-pad.

Another book that I have just received and urge you to read is by Robert Cardinal Sarah. The Power of Silence: Against the Dictatorship of Noise is a beautiful book and one that we all need to read as God speaks to us in silence. He has some wonderful quotes chosen from many historical and holy people through centuries. I have only begun this book, but I love it. (This Cardinal was named the Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments by Pope Francis in 2014. I love all he says about silence in the first part of the book, but in just scanning the third chapter on "Silence, the Mystery, and the Sacred", I find that his opinions often seem more conservative than mine, but then he is responsible for the way the Liturgy is celebrated, etc.) I still think it is a book worth reading especially as we have a call to create silence.

No comments: