Search This Blog

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Eve of Palm Sunday



Tomorrow we begin Holy Week. It is such a prayerful time and we all want to be able to stay with Jesus as He approaches His passion, death, and resurrection. I think I will be taking a vacation from this blog during Holy Week so I will have more time for prayer. I did want to share this reflection from "Give Us This Day" by Ronald Rolheiser; it is found after the Liturgy for Palm Sunday. He talks about the word "Passion" and says that what Jesus gave us through His passivity is a gift just as was his activity during his life. He says that after Jesus was arrested, he was entering into hospice- I had not thought of his gift of passivity before reading this reflection. Both passivity and dying can be a great gift for others and certainly was a gift Jesus gave us.

No comments: