Search This Blog

Friday, June 16, 2017

Just one week to the Feast of the Sacred Heart



This year the Gospel for the Liturgy for the Feast of the Sacred Heart is from Matthew 11:25-30. I love the fact that Jesus tells us: "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

I entered the Society of the Sacred Heart for this Feast 67 years ago. I knew that Jesus was asking me to follow Him, but I never dreamed He would give me so many gifts and graces. My retreats have always been a time of grace and this one was a quiet one, but hopefully will help to transform me into living more as Jesus lived. The first week was with Oakwood and I felt that I was being called to deepen my interior life. Then, the second week was about seeing the face of our neighbor. I have fifty close neighbors here so I need to really see them and love them as Jesus loves them.

No comments: