Search This Blog

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time


Today's Liturgy begins with an entrance antiphon that has caught my attention: "The Lord is the strength of his people, a saving refuge for the one he has anointed. Save your people, Lord and bless your heritage and govern them for ever."

I like to think that the Lord is our strength. Jesus tells us in the Gospel (Mt 10:26-33) that not even a sparrow falls to the ground without the Father's knowledge. Even the hairs of our head are counted. "So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

Let us trust the Heart of Jesus and pray for peace in ourselves, in our communities, in our world. I keep praying the little song:
"Breathing in, breathing out,
I am calm, I am smiling;
You in me and I in You.
Present moment, wondrous moment,
Peace to the world, peace to the world."

No comments: