Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2018

Feast of St. Madeleine Sophie



Today is the feast of our Mother Foundress, St. Madeleine Sophie. She seems so close to all of us as I know she watches over us from heaven. She wants each of us to live in union and conformity with the Heart of Jesus. She loves fidelity to the Holy Spirit and is concerned with the interior life of each of us. She always wants us to be humble, prayerful, and to seek only to be faithful to whatever God is asking of us. I find her presence in my life so consoling and encouraging. She often tells me to slow down and discern what the Lord is asking of me. I suspect she does this for all her daughters.
Since the Holy Father has asked all to make an examen in dialogue with the Lord every day, I am trying to do this and now will ask Sophie to help me. I am rediscovering the great value of an examen of consciousness - where is the Lord in my life today? What is He saying to me in the persons, events, and circumstances of this day? What might He be asking of me? Above all, it is a time to thank Jesus for all the daily graces He gives us.

I am adding this that is from the end of the letter that our Mother General just sent for today's feast and that of the Sacred Heart. I know many Associates read this blog, too.
...please know that each one of us has a part in this journey we are on together. All of us are called to pray deeply. We are called to deepen our love within the Heart of Christ, for each other and for our world and its people. We are called to participate in whatever way is possible for us. No one is too old or too young to be co-creators of our future. Remember, each one of us has a basic responsibility which she cannot surrender and which no one can carry out for her: that of living in the truth of her heart and her life, wherever she may be, the charism of Saint Madeleine Sophie (Constitutions, 140).

May the same spirit that guided Sophie throughout her life strengthen and enlighten us. May we pray together that this Spirit will give us the gifts we need to live deeply and united in this very important moment for the life of our world, our Church and our Society. 

No comments: