Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sixth Sunday of Easter



Collect: Grant, almighty God, that we may celebrate with heartfelt devotion these days of joy, which we keep in honor of the risen Lord, and that what we relive in remembrance we may always hold to in what we do.

The Gospel of John is so beautiful (Jn 15:9-17):
"Jesus said to his disciples, 'As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love.'"

Just that first verse is enough to keep us in prayer all week!

Jesus also tells us: "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy might be complete. This is my commandment: love one another as I love you...."

One thing that the Pope states later in his Exhortation on Holiness is: "I ask all Christians not to omit, in dialogue with the Lord, a sincere daily examination of conscience. (#169)

I guess we could all examine ourselves on love. 

No comments: