Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2018

In fidelity to the Master



From Gaudete et Exsultate continued: (underlining is mine)

96. "Holiness, then, is not about swooning in mystic rapture....In this call to recognize him in the poor and the suffering, we see revealed the very heart of Christ, his deepest feelings and choices, which every saint seeks to imitate.

97. "Given these uncompromising demands of Jesus, it is my duty to ask Christians to acknowledge and accept them in a spirit of genuine openness, sine glossa. In other words, without any 'ifs or buts' that could lessen their force. Our Lord made it very clear that holiness cannot be understood or lived apart from these demands, for mercy is 'the beating heart of the Gospel.'"

How often do I have some ifs or buts? Why do I procrastinate?

I have energy for what I really want to do, but often use the excuse "if I just had more energy" and that really is no excuse!

No comments: