Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2018

How attentive am I to Gospel demands?



The Pope, in #100 of his Exhortation to Holiness, reminds us that "there is the error of those Christians who separate Gospel demands from their personal relationship with the Lord, from their interior union with him, from openness to his grace."

Then the Pope names some of the great saints and tell us:
"For these great saints, mental prayer, the love of God and the reading of the Gospel in no way detracted from their passionate and effective commitment to their neighbors; quite the opposite."

Holy people always seem to have time to help, to take an interest in others.

This Exhortation is really calling me to discern what the Lord may be asking of me. How am I spending my time? What needs to change in my life?

No comments: