Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Trinity Sunday



Today we celebrate the Mass of the Holy Trinity with the entrance antiphon: " Blest be God the Father, and the Only Begotten Son of God, and also the Holy Spirit, for he has shown us his merciful love."

The Collect asks that we may acknowledge the Trinity of eternal glory and adore your Unity, powerful in majesty. I often thank God for the grace I received when living at the Trinita dei Monte in Rome of having months to just try to develop a relationship with each member of the Blessed Trinity. I am still influenced by that grace.
Tonight we enter into retreat so I have scheduled my blog for these days ahead so I can spend them in silence. We only have a six day retreat but I will be making a few more days later as I think retreat is the most important time of the year, at least for me. I need this time with the Lord and it is like a honeymoon. I do count on your prayer for this week of intense prayer.

No comments: