Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Eve of Advent

Thanksgiving is over and Advent begins tomorrow. I cannot believe that Christmas is less than four weeks away. I like to write my Christmas cards before Advent, but do not always succeed in doing this. I do write a Christmas letter to go into the cards. Here, we have a busy Advent as we often have groups who want to give us a "party". Our seniors come one day at noon with cookies and brownies and we all have dessert together. This year, because of the construction, we were not able to have the Third Graders come on Wednesdays, but I suspect we may still have them come to just be with us before Christmas. 
In Westwood, the house where I live, we will have an Advent wreath and later the tree and the crib will appear. We will be able to pray together, something that helps us build community in our small house. We used to have breakfast together, but now we go over to Oakwood for a hot breakfast, my favorite meal.
This is not really a spiritual reflection today, but I am hoping each will begin to plan what to do to celebrate Advent this year. I love just saying, "Come, Lord Jesus, come and do not delay!"
I think I am choosing just to be grateful this Advent!

No comments: