Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2019

The Flowing Grace of Now

This picture is of "old man's cave" and I am thinking of my brother on his birthday today. He is twelve years younger so I do not think of him as "old"! He does not read my blog but today I give thanks for the gift of my baby brother. He really does not remember me before I entered, but I used to bathe both of my brothers and put them to bed and read to them every night I was home. My mother was happy to let me do this as she had them all day. I remember the morning my brother got up before my parents and went to look for breakfast. He found a box of muffin mix in the cupboard, opened it, and shook it out all the way up the stairs trying to find the muffins pictured on the box. As our staircase was all mahogany wood, it was a mess to get the muffin mix cleaned up.

I am using Macrina Wiederkehr's latest book, The Flowing Grace of Now: Encountering Wisdom Through the Weeks of the Year. It is from Sorin Books, 2019.  In her introduction, Macrina tells us that to live in the present moment is to live in the "flowing grace of now"! She presents us with a "teacher" for each week of the year.

No comments: