Search This Blog

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Diamond Jubilee Celebration



I have just come from a really wonderful celebration of 60 years since my final profession; Ann Caire, Rose Chen, and Patti Desmond celebrated with me and the retired Jesuit bishop, Carlos Sevilla, was the celebrant. He gave an inspiring homily and I had it on my Live Transcribe app, but when I went to look for it now, it had not been saved. I had the entire Mass of First Friday and nothing for today. 
He spoke of how Jesus calls His own disciples as the Gospel tells us, too, when Jesus says "It is not you who chose Me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatsoever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."
After a really beautiful liturgy, we had a delicious turkey dinner served in the Fireside Room. Rose Chen had her own table with about twelve and I had made place-cards for the 16 at our table with the Bishop. Most were all my friends as Patti did not invite anyone and Ann came from Houston. It was a lovely day and I am still going over all the graces received during these past 60 years when I went straight from final Profession in Rome to Chile!

No comments: