Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2020

Preparing for Lent

Tomorrow we are having a Mardi Gras party and then comes Ash Wednesday and time to reflect on what the Lord might want from each of us this year. I had time to review my goals and to ask the Lord what He wants from me at this moment in my life. I want to take this season of Lent seriously, but the Lord seemed to say to me that it might be good to do nothing. I think that means that I am to not volunteer for anything extra; I think I will only try to do one act of kindness each day and relish the time I do have for prayer.

Today is my sister's birthday and she is entertaining a few friends for lunch, something she loves to do. I am so glad she came for my Jubilee as we really had time just to relax and enjoy our time together. 

No comments: