Search This Blog

Friday, February 28, 2020

How do you want to spend Lent?

The season of Lent is six weeks. Six weeks is long enough to form a new habit or break a bad habit. What are you discerning to do for the Lord this Lent? I guess I really mean, "What does the Lord want from you? How is He calling you to spend these six weeks? 

I have been discerning and will start with my one act of kindness each day while really discerning what I am to say "no" to each day. I also will start my new Journal on the First Sunday of Lent and be more concrete about each day's prayer. I am happy to be taking time to be serious about trying to stay united to Jesus through the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius that I am making as well as directing. They are always a call to beg the grace to know Jesus more intimately, to love Him more ardently, and to follow Him more closely. Not a bad grace to pray for even if you are not making the retreat!

No comments: