Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2020

Busy Persons' Retreat

This week begins with my retreatants in the 34 week coming at 10:00 as usual to share and prepare for Week 22; at 11:10, I have a visit with my Provincial; at 12:30 I am looking forward to a visit with my student of two years ago who is home for a few days from Holy Cross. It will be good to see him and here how his second year of college is going. Then I need to be over in the Lower School Chapel to prepare the opening prayer and session with the faculty, staff, and parents who have signed up for the Busy Persons' Retreat. I do not yet know how many there are and no idea yet of my schedule for the week. Then back to 4:00 Reunion with our Provincial. You can see why part of my Lenten resolution is not to volunteer for anything and learn to say "no" to some things. 

I just read something I like on fasting for justice. You are to consider all those God may be calling you to love more deeply this Lent. Ask God to show you how you can serve this person or group more and listen to God's response response.

No comments: