Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Jesus calls Lazarus to come out

To continue our reflection on last Sunday's Gospel, we have Mary coming to Jesus and falling at his feet. She said to him, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died."
When Jesus saw her weeping, he wept also. 
Jesus comes to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone across it. Jesus asks them to take away the stone. Martha tells him that there will be a stench as Lazarus has been dead for four days. Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believe you will see the glory of God?" So they took away the stone and Jesus raised his eyes and said, "Father, I thank you for hearing me. I know that you always hear me; but because of the crowd here I have said this, that they may believe that you sent me." And when he had said this, he cried out in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!"
The dead man came out.

Have I heard Jesus crying out to me to come forth from my own tomb? I mean that we all have the power to entomb ourselves and need Jesus to call us forth and free us.

No comments: