Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Fifth Sunday of Lent


The first reading is from the Prophet Ezekiel, 37:12-14 and worth reflecting on before the Gospel which has Jesus calling Lazarus forth from the tomb. Ezekiel says:
"Thus says the Lord God: O my people, I will open your graves and have you rise from them, and bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and have you rise from them, O my people! I will put my spirit in you that you may live, and I will settle you upon your land; thus you shall know that I am the Lord. I have promised, and I will do it, says the Lord."
The Gospel of John (11: 1-45) has much for us to reflect upon so I just want to point out that Jesus will raise Lazarus from the dead. But more on this tomorrow as I think Ezekiel gives us much to reflect upon today.

No comments: