Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Feast of Our Lady of Mercy

 Today is a beautiful feast and I hope to share what I received from Scotland this morning, if I can copy it here. Happy Feast to all the Sisters of Mercy who do so much good wherever they are.

Suscipe: My God, I am yours for time and eternity. Lord, I am yours for ever. It is you must teach me to trust in your providence, Loving Lord. You are a God of love and tenderness. I place my trust in you, and I ask that you grant me acceptance of your will, Loving Lord Take from my heart all painful anxiety. Let nothing sadden me but sin and then let my delight be hoping to see your face. God, my all. (Ven. Catherine McAuley) Sisters of Mercy all around the world draw inspiration from their foundress, Catherine McAuley, who recognized the needs of those marginalized and oppressed by unjust social attitudes and practices in the Dublin of 1831.

THE DOOR OF MERCY: The Door of Mercy is double-hinged, swinging in, opening out, sturdy, yet easily moved. 

My friend says: You only have to knock once, and you only have to knock lightly. The Door of Mercy rests on the threshold of need.

 Its single key is kindness, which is always in the lock. Faithfulness is its lintel, hope and healing the strong jambs either side.

 It is not immediately apparent which side is which of the Door of Mercy, since they interchange fluidly, pain and promise etched sharply on both.

 Blessing is for all who come and go, stay and return, helper and helped, all belonging, each bestowing.

 My friend says: You only have to knock once, and you only have to knock lightly. The God of Mercy, whose door it is, is always home. Mary Wickham rsm The Conference of Religious in Scotland




No comments: