Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2020

First Friday of September

 August seems to have flown by and I cannot believe that we are at the First Friday of September! I was sent a lovely poem to share in my blog so here it is, but I do not know who composed it.

I Dream a World

I dream a world where man

No other man will scorn,

Where love will bless the earth

And peace its paths adorn.                             


I dream a world where all

Will know sweet freedom's way,

Where greed no longer saps the soul

Nor avarice blights our day.

A World I dream where black or white,

Whatever race you be,

Will share the bounties of the earth

And every man is free,

Where wretchedness will hang its head

And joy, like a pearl,

Attends the needs of all mankind-

Of such I dream, my world!

No comments: