Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2020

In Him our hearts rejoice

 Since beginning to take a new interest in the Psalms, even the responsorial psalm for the daily Liturgy seems to jump out at me. Some days ago, it was Psalm 33:20-21 which I am copying here from the missalette, Give Us This Day:

"Our soul waits for the Lord, who is our help and our shield,

For in Him our hearts rejoice; in his holy name we trust."

First of all, this Psalm is for all of us. We wait for the Lord...

Why? Because He is our help and our protection! We pray to Him to stop the spread of the virus.

It is in Him that our hearts rejoice. It is because we know that we are loved, cared for, and cherished, so we rejoice and trust Jesus. He hears us; He is with us and concerned for us. Let us be joyful and very grateful.

I hope this helps others to pay more attention to the Psalms. I love the thought that my heart is rejoicing in God!



No comments: