Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve

 I am spending some time in prayer since yesterday trying to discern what Jesus would really like me to give Him for His birthday. I know that He seems just to want me = the gift of myself renewed again and I think that is what He asks each of us. So, I am trying to be a gift that He can open whenever He wants. I am a gift that He can use whenever He wants. I am just giving myself to Him again.

Christmas is a time to ponder what the coming of Christ into our world really means. He came to reveal God's love to each of us. I just read this bit of news and it seems to fit to share it here with you:

"The United Nations General Assembly decided unanimously that Feb. 4 be observed each year as the International Day of Human Fraternity, starting in 2021. It invited member states, the U.N. system and others to observe the date in a manner each would consider appropriate.

It was on Feb. 4, 2019, that Pope Francis and the grand imam of Al Azhar, Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb, signed the historic “Document on Human Fraternity” in Abu Dhabi. The General Assembly’s resolution specifically refers to that significant event in Christian-Muslim relations as the inspiration for the date."



No comments: