Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Lacking nothing


 I have been praying over Psalm 23 again and just find it so consoling. As you know, it begins:

"The Lord is my shepherd. therefore can I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures and leads me beside still waters.

He shall refresh my soul and guide me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You spread a table before me in the presence of those who trouble me; you have anointed my head with oil and my cup shall be full.

Surely goodness and loving mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." 

The above translation is taken from the Common Worship Services and Prayers for the Church of England - it is not my favorite translation, but sometimes one we use a different translation we get new insights. I just think this is a great psalm to spend time with in prayer.

No comments: