Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Suggestion for Advent

Some people have the habit of starting off their day with prayer. One was to do this is just to say the "Morning Offering" that so many of us were taught that is always printed in the monthly leaflet of the Apostleship of Prayer. The Apostleship of Prayer was founded by the Jesuits to promote devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and so each day its members offer a prayer to consecrate the day to God. You can use your own words and make it short, but I am going to copy the prayer here as I used to say it daily and now need to remember to do so.

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, sufferings of this day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world.

I offer them for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart....

and it always ends with the intention of the Holy Father for that particular month. I just think that what is important is that we consciously offer all of our day - a habit I had for years and do not know why I am forgetting to do so now!

No comments: