Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Courageous Joy


 

I bought a book that has the title Courageous Joy: Delight in God Throgh Every Season. It is 'An (in) Courage Bible Study volume written by Mary Carver and the (in) courage Community, 2021. I think I am going to want to share a few thoughts from this book in my blog, but I am just now reading the Introduction. The first words are "Choose joy!" Those who know me, know that is what I try to do each day and that is what draws me to share a bit from this book.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" (Phi 4:4)

It is a command and an invitation and really a gift from God. There are, of course, different kinds of joy. Here, the author wants us to know that the joy of the Lord in much deeper and more life-giving than any joy of this world. And, it lasts longer!

Remember that gratitude and joy go together!

No comments: