Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Today is Special


 Our school here is hosting a meeting of all the Heads of Sacred Heart schools in the USC Province.  We will have them here at Oakwood for Mass with us and then have an opportunity to meet with them. Many of us have drawn the name of one of the new Heads of School to pray for this year and to stay in contact with as the year unfolds, especially to help them perhaps prepare for the special Society of the Sacred Heart feast days or just to be a positive presence during these first months as they begin as Heads of a new school. I am very happy to have the Head of Carrollton who is both an alum and was Head of the Middle School and so will know both faculty and children as she takes charge of the entire school. Miami is also to have a "President" - this is new and I suspect it will be a great help for public relations, fund-raising, etc.

Now, I am going to give the rest of the lyrics for John Butler's "Distant Land" as I only gave part yesterday.

"I hear a distant song: it fills the air. I hear it deep and strong, rise up in prayer: 'O Lord, we are many; help us to be one. Heal our divisions: let thy will be done.'

I know a time will come when war must cease: A time of truth and love, a time of peace.

The people cry, 'How long?' Till all our world can join the song of freedom, freedom.

I join a distant land and feel its glow. The hand i hoped was there: at last I know.

Swords into ploughshares; can it all be true? Friends out of strangers: start with me and you.

I see another time, another place where we can all be one, one human race.

The walls will melt away, we'll come together on the day of freedom, freedom."

No comments: