Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2022

Back from a month of vacation


 The month went very fast. I left for St. Louis on July 2 and had a quiet five days with my brother, John, in St. Louis before going to the Special Assembly in St. Charles from July 7-10. Then I had two nights in Scottsdale, Arizona, with my sister and brother-in-law and was able to be there for a birthday lunch at my niece's lovely home in Chandler; one of her four children was celebrating her birthday having just come home from Korea with a visit in Germany. Her sister was getting married on July 16th and all the family would be in Boise for the wedding. I returned here on July 12, but had to stay in isolation for two nights and so made the first day of the retreat in the Westwood guest room.

I loved the retreat as it was mostly on our spirituality, using the Constitutions and Chapter documents plus Letters from our Mother Generals and some Scripture. I need to go over it all and today will share the first part of  "Distant Land", as we were given the Lyrics and listened to the song by John Rutter.

"I see a distant land: it shines so clear. Sometimes it seems so far, sometimes so near.

Come, join together, take the dusty road; help one another; share the heavy load.

The journey may be long: no end in sight: There may be hills to climb, or giants to fight:

But is you'll take my hand, we'll walk together toward the land of freedom, freedome, freedom."

Perhaps I will give the rest tomorrow, but I think you can find the song on YouTube.

More tomorrow as I have many things to share. 

No comments: