Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Tuesday


The Gospel today is John 20:11-18. Mary Magdalene stays near the tomb weeping. When Jesus comes to her, she does not recognize him. He asks her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him and I will take him." Then Jesus said, "Mary." He called her by her name and she recognized him. He then sends her to tell the disciples.

How often Jesus calls us by our names; I hear him calling, but do I really recognize him and respond as Mary did? Jesus is very near; have I the faith to hear and to see? He is in me, but he is also calling me through others and through events and circumstances in my daily life. Lord, help me to be attentive today!

No comments: