Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Miscellaneous Day - Five Priorities


Jesus is the Vine and we are the branches. It is only united to him that we bear fruit. I am thinking that this should be a miscellaneous day as I want to share some thoughts with you. Our General Chapter last summer chose five priorities for all of us to deepen. You can find more on how we are doing this by looking at our Province website listed on the right side of the page: www.rscj.org
The five priorities are really all related and part of the charism of the Society of the Sacred Heart. They are dialogue (includes relationships, networking, etc.); contemplation; community; justice and peace and the integrity of creation; and working with Youth. That is just my summary and I have been participating in an on-line Round Table with a dozen other RSCJs to see how our on-going formation strengthens our contemplation and interior life. I am more than ever aware of the need we have to share our inner life with at least another RSCJ or with a spiritual director, or even with our community. I think the best experience I had was when I was superior of a community in the poorest region of Chile and we gathered every Sunday to share our inner lives with each other. It was a tremendous grace.
How are you sharing your inner life with another?

No comments: