Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holy Thursday


"Jesus, knowing that his hour was come, that he should pass out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them unto the end."
The greatest proof of love is the perfect gift of self. Generosity is essentially communicative, goodness is naturally difusive. Jesus gave us himself in the Eucharist. We have so much to be grateful for, but what a gift to be able to receive Jesus in the Eucharist!

Today we have the reading from John 13:1-15 where Jesus washes the feet of his disciples. And then he said to them, "Do you realize what I have done for you? You call me 'teacher' and 'master' and rightly so, for indeed I am. If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another's feet. I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do."

We need to approach each other with reverence and love; we receive Jesus in the Eucharist with reverence and love. I guess we will never understand the greatness of this sacrament where Jesus gives us himself. He is really with us always. Let us adore and thank him and aske for the grace to be attentive to his presence in both the Eucharist and in others.

No comments: