Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2016

Another Parable of Joy




One of my favorite images is that of Jesus going to look for a lost sheep. I think he told the story to remind us how much joy there is when what has been lost is found. Jesus never abandons us but keeps going after the lost sheep with such love and patience.

Pope Francis would have us all out looking for the lost sheep. By our prayer, love, and concern, we can help bring others back to the fold.

When I have nothing to say, I turn to Mother Stuart.  She said:

"May God's presence be ever your living joy and the central fact in your life, from which will flow patience, calmness, and an unquenchable joy."
This is the second time I am using this quote as I think it so helpful to pray for this for ourselves and for others.

Another to reflect on is, "Above all remember that you are the cherished object of our Lord's most tender love. May He convince you of this."

No comments: