Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2016

Joyous Thoughts



This morning I heard that I could go to our retirement home, Oakwood, on June 4, the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I know that my community is happy to have a definite date set for my departure as they also want to be able to leave in early June and seemed to think I needed to be the first to go. I am trying to keep only joyous thoughts about this move. It is such an opportunity and I know I will love being there, once I get there.

Now, I am also entering into Lent more deeply with meditation on the suffering of Jesus. I think one of the saddest lines in the Gospel is when we are told that all his disciples "left him and fled." All abandoned Jesus and left Him alone. They were afraid and ran away. How did Jesus feel at that moment?

No comments: