Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Be creative, invent 14 stations of joy



A few years ago I read the suggestion of making stations of joy for after Easter. The Magnificat Mass Booklet now gives fourteen stations of the Via Lucis, The Paschal Way of the Light.
They are by Richard Veras. I am sorry I do not have my own 14 stations of joy, but I am happy to share his. I suggest you make your own during this Easter season. You have fifty days and need a Scripture quote, a short meditation, and a prayer for each station.

1.Jesus rises from the dead.
2. Disciples find the empty tomb.
3. Jesus appears to Mary Magdalene
4. Jesus walks with the Disciples to Emmaus
5.Jesus reveals Himself in the breaking of the bread.
6. Jesus appears to the disciples
7. Jesus confers on his disciples the power to forgive sins.
8. Jesus confirms Thomas in the faith.
9. Jesus appears to his disciples on the shore of Lake Galilee.
10. Jesus confers primacy on Peter.
11. Jesus entrusts his disciples with a universal mission.
12. Jesus ascends into heaven.
13. Mary and the disciples await the coming of the Holy Spirit.
14. Jesus send the Spirit promised by the Father to the disciples.

No comments: