Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2016

First Friday


I wrote a First Friday blog and it vanished! I suppose the Holy Spirit wanted something different. I am now thinking of the passage where Jesus tells us that we must love our neighbor as yourself. Think what that would mean if we really did this at all times. But Jesus asks more of us, I think, when he asks us to love one another as I have loved you. Now, that is really calling for us to love unconditionally and to love without limits. This would be impossible except for the fact that we are able to love with the love of Jesus who is in each of us. Now, it is something we need to do and therefore we have the grace to do it.

What helps me is what my mother always said, "Love others and they will love you." Then, when people love you, it is easy to love them. I also connect this to what John of the Cross said: "Put love where there is no love and you will find love."

No comments: