Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Apparitions


As a theologian, I am very cautious about accepting most of the modern apparitions of Mary which have been reported all over the world. The Apparitions of Mary to the children at Medjugorje seem to be authentic and certainly have born good fruit. I have spoken to priests who have gone over just to help hear confessions and they have come back convinced that grace is at work there.
Now this is an introduction to a book written by a friend that has been revised and updated. I was given the book by the author, Janice T. Connell; Jan has written many spiritual books, has a tremendous love for the Church, for Jesus and Mary and is also a lawyer and does a great deal of research before writing a book. She just gave me several of her books but asked me to read this one first. The title is "The Visions of the Children: The Apparitions of the Blessed Mother at Medjugorje". It was published by St. Martin's Griffin, New York, 1992 and this is the revised and updated version, 2007.
I am reading it with interest as she actually was able to interview the children. The call for prayer and penance is still valid in our world today and I am going to read this book to see what Our Lady is saying to me today as well as know what she said to the children during many apparitions.
I had a really busy day and do not feel inspired tonight. I had three darling Third Graders reading to me this morning; in the afternoon, I saw my Sacred Heart Society student for a delightful visit and look forward to seeing him for an hour once a week all year. His twin sister is also a Senior here and he has twin older brothers. 

No comments: