Search This Blog

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Reflection on my jubilee of 65 years



Since I made my first vows in December of 1952, I was surprised when asked to take part in the renewal of Vows at the final Liturgy during the Spirituality Forum and also to be a Eucharistic Minister. Three of us were 65 years this year since our first Vows but there were others renewing 50 and 25 years so we were ten and came forward in two rows with the priest celebrant at the head with our Mother General on one side of him and our Provincial on the other - the prayers said both before and after our renewal are so beautiful that I want to share them with you. I suspect you will only see the prayer before the renewal today and I will copy the rest tomorrow.
Fr. Sean: "Our tender and faithful God gives us grace to keep our promises, as these jubilarians so beautifully attest. Let us now pray to God for each of them, for one another, and for the family of God's Heart all over the world. (Silent prayer)
Loving God, in your providence, you have called these women to follow your Son Jesus more closely as Religious of the Sacred Heart. They have served you with generosity and joy for many years and have made your love known to countless others. Give them now the grace to persevere to the end along the way of your love. We ask this through Christ, in the power of your Spirit, living and reigning with you forever and ever. Amen.
(Sorry, but you now need to wait for tomorrow's blog as I try to keep my blogs short.) You can always pray for all of us!

No comments: